Thursday 1 October 2009


Evolve School Magazine Front Cover Evaluation

The first thing that I can say about this front cover is how simple it is. it has two main colours being blue and black; there is beams of blue and light blue behind the title (in black) and there are black silhouetes of things that represent different aspects of the school.
I would say that this magazine would not be seen as a conventional magazine if viewed by someone because is is not dominated by teasers of whats inside and there are no pictures of celebritys in the front how ever it is also fairly hard to link this cover to a school because the only thing telling me that this is a school magazine is the tiny bit of text at the bottom that actually says the name of the school but apart from that the images do not really suggest a school magazine; if anything the image of the figure with the electric guitar suggests that to me that this is a magazine and the picture of the eiffel tower and the snowman suggest that the magazine is following a band's tour or something like that.
Overall I think that this is a really cool front cover for a school magazine and whilst it not being a school magazine cover to me at first glance I consider it again and I think that it is quite cool to have something cool and different for a school magazine and I think that it is very eyecatching.

1 comment: